Best Treatment in Oviedo, FL for:
ACL Tear/Knee Ligament Injury
ACL Tear/Knee Ligament Injury
Here Is Everything You Need To Know About An ACL Tear Injury, What Causes It, And Our Solution to Treating it.
What Is An ACL Tear?
An ACL injury is a tear or sprain of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) — one of the major ligaments in your knee. ACL injuries most commonly occur during sports that involve sudden stops or changes in direction, jumping and landing — such as soccer, basketball, football and downhill skiing.
Many people hear or feel a “pop” in the knee when an ACL injury occurs. Your knee may swell, feel unstable and become too painful to bear weight.
How does it feel?
Do You feel any of these symptoms:
Signs and symptoms?
- Often hear a “pop” when torn
- Significant swelling in the knee
- Stiffness when trying to bend the knee
- A feeling of instability in the knee when walking or changing directions
- Unable to run, cut, or jump
- We conduct a thorough examination including the back, hips, knee, and ankle/foot. We can perform special tests to evaluate the integrity of each knee ligament. We determine the root cause of your symptoms to ensure that physical therapy treatment is the best option for you.
- We examine posture, range of motion, strength, reflexes, sensation, soft tissue mobility, joint mobility, nerve mobility, and functional movements to create a custom treatment plan. We also take into account any imaging that you have had like X-Rays, MRI, CT scans, etc
Can Physical Therapy Help?
- Yes!!! If you have a partial tear or are looking for a conservative treatment, then physical therapy can definitely help restore normal motion, strength, and balance.
- If you have a complete or full tear, surgery is usually recommended. However, we highly recommend doing pre-hab (treatment before undergoing surgery) prior to surgery to maximize range of motion, strength, and improve post-surgical outcomes.
- After surgery, we can definitely help with your recovery! Plus, our therapists are Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists (CSCS) so they can help you back to an active, healthy lifestyle!
- I went to Steven for ACL replacement pre and rehab. I am an athlete for a living. A major knee injury is something that can end your career. And can mess with your head. Steven is an extremely knowledgeable PT, one of the best in Orlando, but the place I think he excels the most is psychologically. Having bad days is a part of recovery. He could always see when you were having a rough day and was quick to remind you of how much progress you have made. I went to Steven 3 times a week for well over 6 months and never saw him in a bad mood. Positivity like that can really help your recovery. I highly recommend Steven for any physical therapy or wellness needs. – Tony C. (Professional Wakeboarder)
- I went to Steven after ACL reconstruction in my knee. As a professional athlete, I’ve had serious injuries before. I was impressed with Steven right from the beginning. He is thorough, available for questions, kind, and mindful of other injuries/limitations. I fully trust him and his advice. – Tarah M. (Professional Wakeboarder)
We Treat a Variety Of Knee Pain:
- Knee Arthritis
- Meniscus Tear
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Iliotibial Pain Band Syndrome (IT Band)
- Knee Ligament Injury (ACL Tear)
- Quad Strain Hamstring Strain
We may use a combination of the following techniques to help you get your life back (Click each to learn more).
What should I do next?
The B Physical way
Our team of highly trained professionals uses the latest healing technologies to restore you to pain-free health, quickly and easily. We thoroughly evaluate & treat all of the contributing root factors related to your issue. This includes, but is not limited to, your work and home stressors, overall body condition, nutrition, genetic & postural habits, emotional connections and patterns that are held in your muscles
Dr. Steven Balogh
Ask a Question
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.