Best Treatment in Oviedo, FL for:
Here Is Everything You Need To Know About Hamstrings Strains Injuries. What Causes It, And The Best Way To Treat It.
What Is a Hamstring Strain?
How does it feel?
Do You feel any of these symptoms:
Signs and symptoms?
- A sudden, sharp pain in the back of the thigh or in the buttocks
- A feeling of a pop or sharp pulling in the muscle
- Tenderness to the touch
- Difficulty lifting the leg
- Swelling or bruising on the back of your thigh
- Pain and tightness on the back of your thigh
- Difficulty sitting comfortably, lifting the leg when lying down, or straightening the knee
- Difficulty walking or running, resulting in a limp
- Decreased pain with rest
- We conduct a thorough examination including the back, hips, knee, and ankle/foot. We determine the root cause of your symptoms to ensure that physical therapy treatment is the best option for you.
- We examine posture, range of motion, strength, reflexes, sensation, soft tissue mobility, joint mobility, nerve mobility, and functional movements to create a custom treatment plan. We also take into account any imaging that you have had like X-Rays, MRI, CT scans, etc.
Can Physical Therapy Help?
- Yes!!! Recent onset of symptoms typically results in a quicker recovery time of about 6-8 weeks. Whereas persistent symptoms that have lasted longer than 6 months, usually takes 2-6 months to recover.
- Good news!!! Recent research has actually shown that physical therapy is a better option than surgery, pain medication and injections. We can help you avoid unnecessary invasive procedures and tests that cost a fortune with limited effectiveness.
- Steven was there when I really needed him. I had injured my leg playing football after work and had to limp off the field in pain. Even though it was late in the day, Steven was willing to see me on such short notice. After spending a great deal of time listening to me and assessing my leg, he was able to diagnose my injury and go through the recovery process with me. His positivity, caring personality and professionalism made me feel confident that I went to the right person. He even went out of his way to check up on me the next day. Steven is extremely knowledgeable and has a strong sports and orthopedic background. I would highly recommend him to anyone for sports related injuries like mine. – Eric W.
- As good as it gets in physical therapy! Dr. Balogh treats his patients as more than just a number. He really does incorporate his own walk through physical therapy as a patient as a fuel to the passion he now has to help others realize the potential of their body. I got knocked during a soccer game and ended up hurting a tricky part of the knee anatomy. Not only did Dr. Balogh address the physical impairment in my condition but he also incorporated the learned skills and movement into applicable life situations as a student and as an athlete. Dr. B is the type of professional that goes above and beyond…. even far more than I would go for myself. That is the type of man that I would want in my corner as a physical therapist – I would recommend him to anyone! – Juan S. (Doctor of Physical Therapy Student)
We Treat a Variety Of Knee Pain:
- Knee Arthritis
- Meniscus Tear
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Iliotibial Pain Band Syndrome (IT Band)
- Knee Ligament Injury (ACL Tear)
- Quad Strain Hamstring Strain
We may use a combination of the following techniques to help you get your life back (Click each to learn more).
What should I do next?
The B Physical way
Our team of highly trained professionals uses the latest healing technologies to restore you to pain-free health, quickly and easily. We thoroughly evaluate & treat all of the contributing root factors related to your issue. This includes, but is not limited to, your work and home stressors, overall body condition, nutrition, genetic & postural habits, emotional connections and patterns that are held in your muscles
Dr. Steven Balogh
Ask a Question
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.