The lifestyle of each individual will determine how often they visit a physical therapist to maintain a healthy, active, injury-free lifestyle. If you regularly exercise and participate in sports, consider working with a B Physical therapy’s team of experienced sport doctor of physical therapist on a consistent basis to maintain your muscle and joint health and to optimize your body’s true potential.
Visit a Physical Therapist
Most practitioners recommend three visits per week initially for a patient to receive optimal benefits immediate post-diagnosis. After your initial evaluation, your physical therapist will advise you as to the optimal frequency of visits
Frequency of Physical Therapist Visits
The frequency of physical therapy visits will depend upon:
• Your physician’s diagnosis of your condition
• Your physician’s individualized plan of care
• Your physician’s recommendation for frequency of visits
• Your individual progress during Physical Therapy
Physical Therapist Follow Ups
• Your physical therapist will provide feedback and document progress of your prescribed exercise therapy After every visit.
• About every four weeks, an evaluation will be performed based upon your response to the treatment program.
• You will eventually visit with your physician for an update on your progress and to receive recommendations for future physical therapy treatment.
• After you have been released from the care of your physical therapist, a recommended standard practice of care will be to schedule a follow-up visit at least annually to ensure the continuation of corrective therapy and to prevent re-injury.
Author: Dr. Steven Balogh is a doctor of physical therapy and owner of B Physical therapy. He has helped hundreds of patients regain their life by becoming pain free using the B Physical Way. Learn more about Steven and his mission.