Iliotibial Pain Band Syndrome (IT Band)
Iliotibial Pain Band Syndrome (IT Band)
Do You Have Iliotibial Pain Band Syndrome (IT Band) Pain? Here’s What Causes It, And How We Treat it.
What Is A Meniscus Tear?
How does it feel?
Do You feel any of these symptoms:
Signs and symptoms?
- Stabbing or stinging pain along the outside of the knee.
- A feeling of the IT band “snapping” over the knee as it bends and straightens.
- Swelling near the outside of your knee.
- Occasional tightness and pain at the outside of the hip.
- Continuous pain following activity, particularly with walking, climbing, or descending stairs,
- We conduct a thorough examination including the back, hips, knee, and ankle/foot. We determine the root cause of your symptoms to ensure that physical therapy treatment is the best option for you.
- We examine posture, range of motion, strength, reflexes, sensation, soft tissue mobility, joint mobility, nerve mobility, and functional movements to create a custom treatment plan. We also take into account any imaging that you have had like X-Rays, MRI, CT scans, etc.
Can Physical Therapy Help?
Yes!!! Recent onset of symptoms typically results in a quicker recovery time of about 1-2 months. Whereas persistent symptoms that have lasted longer than 6 months, usually takes 2-6 months to recover.
- Good news!!! Recent research has actually shown that physical therapy is a better option than surgery, pain medication and injections. We can help you avoid unnecessary invasive procedures and tests that cost a fortune with limited effectiveness.
- Did you know?! IT band issues typically begin in the hips due to weakness or tightness. The gluteus medius, gluteus maximus, and tensor fascia latae (TFL) muscles can all contribute to issues along the IT band.
- “I highly recommend B Physical in Oviedo! I injured my knee playing sand volleyball and my doctor was recommending PT (with their own in-house high priced therapists) before we consider surgery. I instead went on my own with Steven B and it was a great choice. Just started playing vball again and looks like I prevented surgery! I have more mobility and less pain than I’ve had in years of neglect. Thank you!” – Eric B.
- “I’ve had knee issues since I was a child. Being an avid runner didn’t exactly help my knees and I’ve dealt with frequent pain and swelling for years. After a friend’s recommendation, I chose to see Dr. B to see if he could help me enjoy running again, pain free. I was skeptical at first, but week after week I saw improvements. Dr. B took the time to talk with me, discuss my goals, my issues, and/or hesitation with certain exercises. He never judged or made me feel I couldn’t do it. His patience was a breath of fresh air. His enthusiasm made me excited to share my progress! After just a few months I am happy to share I ran for the first time in almost 2 years without my knee brace! And for the first time in YEARS without pain! Thank you Dr. B!” – Donna M.
- As good as it gets in physical therapy! Dr. Balogh treats his patients as more than just a number. He really does incorporate his own walk through physical therapy as a patient as a fuel to the passion he now has to help others realize the potential of their body. I got knocked during a soccer game and ended up hurting a tricky part of the knee anatomy. Not only did Dr. Balogh address the physical impairment in my condition but he also incorporated the learned skills and movement into applicable life situations as a student and as an athlete. Dr. B is the type of professional that goes above and beyond…. even far more than I would go for myself. That is the type of man that I would
We Treat a Variety Of Knee Pain:
- Knee Arthritis
- Meniscus Tear
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Iliotibial Pain Band Syndrome (IT Band)
- Knee Ligament Injury (ACL Tear)
- Quad Strain Hamstring Strain
We may use a combination of the following techniques to help you get your life back (Click each to learn more).
What should I do next?
The B Physical way
Our team of highly trained professionals uses the latest healing technologies to restore you to pain-free health, quickly and easily. We thoroughly evaluate & treat all of the contributing root factors related to your issue. This includes, but is not limited to, your work and home stressors, overall body condition, nutrition, genetic & postural habits, emotional connections and patterns that are held in your muscles
Dr. Steven Balogh
Ask a Question
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.