Here Is Everything You Need To Know About Our
Reduce pain, swelling, or improve proprioception.
- Taping can provide decreased pain to a specific area by engaging receptors in the skin underlying tissue to decrease pain. Sometimes it’s like giving the painful area a hug! We also use taping to help stabilize to improve performance and allow increased activity and performance.
- We apply tape sometimes to help assist our other treatments or when trying to provide longer-term relief and allow more advanced exercise or training. The tape can typically stay on your body for 3-5 days. Plus, you can get it wet and exercise with it on! Just be sure to not apply heat to the tape because this can irritate your skin.
How we use this treatment:
- We’ve found that taping works very well for specific injuries and issues. Our Doctors of Physical Therapy can help determine if taping will help you reduce your pain and increase your ability to live your life pain-free!
If you are interested in our kinesiology taping, contact the best local physical therapy clinic in Oviedo; B Physical Therapy today for an appointment.
The BPT Post-Operative Program
- We know that surgery is never convenient, so we try to make the process as seamless as possible.
- You will attend your one-on-one physical therapy sessions 1-3 times per week depending on what you and your therapist decide is best.
- Then, you will receive a customized rehab program that you can perform using our facility…for free! We’ll instruct you on the proper form with each exercise and provide you with videos, but then come in at your convenience to complete your rehab exercise program. That way we don’t waste time during your one-on-one sessions doing 10-20 reps of each exercise. We want to save you time and money!
- We have seen great success with this program and each week we progress your rehab program to ultimately reach your goals!
Important factors to consider after surgery
- Diet – We highly recommend maintaining a balanced diet of high quality protein, carbohydrates, and fat. We also recommend decreasing sugar intake to help reduce inflammation. Adequate water and fiber intake is very important for healing as well. Focus on eating fruits and vegetables and consider supplementing with turmeric or ginger as natural anti-inflammatory foods.
- Activity level – Surgery can significantly reduce your overall activity level, but we can help make modifications to keep you active. If you’re an athlete then we need to make sure you stay conditioned to aid you long-term recovery.
- Goals – What is your goal after surgery? Whatever your goals are, we tailor your program to help reach your goals. During the later stages of recovery we will focus on getting you back to the sport or activities you love!
- Post-surgical protocol – Many surgeons provide a post-operative protocol and we like to work alongside your surgeon to ensure the healing process goes smoothly. We communicate with your surgeon’s medical team to provide updates on your healing so you remain on track. There are specific things you can do and specific things you cannot do after your surgery and we’ll help make this simple for you to allow your body to heal properly.
- Questions – Surgery can be scary! Our patients have the ability to communicate with our team to ask any questions. You can actually text our Doctors of Physical Therapy (DPT’s) at any time with questions. That way you feel comfortable and can always get an answer to any questions you may have about the post-surgical process.
We may use a combination of the following techniques to help you get your life back (Click each to learn more).
- Spinal Manipulation/Mobilization
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Pain Reducing Modalities
- Neuromuscular Retraining
- Mobility Training
- Strength Training
- Endurance Training
- Sport Specific Training
- Kinesiology Taping
What should I do next?
- Schedule an initial examination – only $77, no physician referral needed!
- Let us find the root cause of your pain
- Create a custom treatment plan for you
- Start living pain-free!
Want more information?
Get In Touch
The B Physical Therapy Way
We have a 5-step approach:
Reduce your pain
Regain normal movement and eliminate pain
Get your life back
Optimize your life and body
B Your Best
We will work closely with all your healthcare providers
Guaranteed One-On-one Treatment
Setting goals is the best way to enjoy a successful outcome
Our team of highly trained professionals use the latest healing technologies to restore you to pain-free health, quickly and easily. We thoroughly evaluate & treat all of the contributing root factors related to your issue. This includes, but is not limited to, your work and home stressors, overall body condition, nutrition, genetic & postural habits, emotional connections and patterns that are held in your muscles
Dr. Steven Balogh
Ask a Question
We offer Various Treatments
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.