Here Is Everything You Need To Know About Knee Arthritis. What Causes It, And The Best Way To Treat It.
What Is Knee Arthritis?
Knee Arthritis is essentially inflammation in and around the knee joint. Stiffness, pain and swelling may be present in the knee joint if you are experiencing arthritis.
How does it feel?
Do You feel any of these symptoms:
Signs and symptoms?
- Worsening pain during or following activity, particularly with walking, climbing, or descending stairs, or moving from a sitting to standing position
- Pain or stiffness after sitting with the knee bent or straight for a prolonged period of time
- A feeling of popping, cracking, or grinding when moving the knee
- Swelling following activity
- Tenderness to touch along the knee joint
- Decreased pain with rest/unweighting the knee joint
- Stiffness in knee
- Weakness in the hip, knee, or leg
- Muscle spasms and pain around the hip, knee, or leg
- Pain in the front, back, or sides of the knee
- We conduct a thorough examination including the back, hips, knee, and ankle/foot. We determine the root cause of your symptoms to ensure that physical therapy treatment is the best option for you.
- We examine posture, range of motion, strength, reflexes, sensation, soft tissue mobility, joint mobility, nerve mobility, and functional movements to create a custom treatment plan. We also take into account any imaging that you have had like X-Rays, MRI, CT scans, etc.
Can Physical Therapy Help?
- Yes!!! Recent research has actually shown that physical therapy is a better option than surgery, pain medication and injections. We can help you avoid unnecessary invasive procedures and tests that cost a fortune with limited effectiveness.
- Some of the most important factors that affect knee arthritis are diet, overall health, weight, quadriceps strength, hip strength, and lower body flexibility. We address each of these factors during the course of your treatment.
- “I highly recommend B Physical in Oviedo! I injured my knee playing sand volleyball and my doctor was recommending PT (with their own in-house high priced therapists) before we consider surgery. I instead went on my own with Steven B and it was a great choice. Just started playing vball again and looks like I prevented surgery! I have more mobility and less pain than I’ve had in years of neglect. Thank you!” – Eric B.
- “I’ve had knee issues since I was a child. Being an avid runner didn’t exactly help my knees and I’ve dealt with frequent pain and swelling for years. After a friend’s recommendation, I chose to see Dr. B to see if he could help me enjoy running again, pain free. I was skeptical at first, but week after week I saw improvements. Dr. B took the time to talk with me, discuss my goals, my issues, and/or hesitation with certain exercises. He never judged or made me feel I couldn’t do it. His patience was a breath of fresh air. His enthusiasm made me excited to share my progress! After just a few months I am happy to share I ran for the first time in almost 2 years without my knee brace! And for the first time in YEARS without pain! Thank you Dr. B!” – Donna M.
We Treat a Variety Of Knee Pain:
- Knee Arthritis
- Meniscus Tear
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Iliotibial Pain Band Syndrome (IT Band)
- Knee Ligament Injury (ACL Tear)
- Quad Strain Hamstring Strain
We may use a combination of the following techniques to help you get your life back (Click each to learn more).
What should I do next?
The B Physical way
Our team of highly trained professionals uses the latest healing technologies to restore you to pain-free health, quickly and easily. We thoroughly evaluate & treat all of the contributing root factors related to your issue. This includes, but is not limited to, your work and home stressors, overall body condition, nutrition, genetic & postural habits, emotional connections and patterns that are held in your muscles
Dr. Steven Balogh
Ask a Question
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.