Here Is Everything You Need To Know About
What Is Neck Pain?
Your neck is made up of vertebrae that extend from the skull to the upper torso. Cervical discs absorb shock between the bones.
The bones, ligaments, and muscles of your neck support your head and allow for motion. Any abnormalities, inflammation, or injury can cause neck pain or stiffness.
Many people experience neck pain or stiffness occasionally. In many cases, it’s due to poor posture or overuse. Sometimes, neck pain is caused by injury from a fall, contact sports, or whiplash.
How does it feel?
Signs and Symptoms
- Inability to bend or rotate your neck
- Difficulty looking up, down or over your shoulder
- Weakness in your arm or shoulder muscles
- Muscle spasms and pain around the neck and shoulder
- Pain in the neck, upper back, shoulders, arms, or hands
- Weakness in the arms or hands
- Numbness or tingling in the neck, shoulders, arms or hands
- Inability to maintain upright posture
- Stiffness in the neck and shoulders
- Difficulty maintaining one position for a long period of time
- Difficulty sleeping due to pain
- We conduct a thorough examination including the hip, knee, ankle and feet. We analyze your running pattern to help determine the root cause of your symptoms to ensure that physical therapy treatment is the best option for you.
- We examine posture, range of motion, strength, reflexes, sensation, soft tissue mobility, joint mobility, nerve mobility, and functional movements to create a custom treatment plan.
Can Physical Therapy Help?
- Recent research has actually shown that physical therapy is a better option than surgery, pain medication and injections. We can help you avoid unnecessary invasive procedures and tests that cost a fortune with limited effectiveness.
The BPT Post-Operative Program
- We know that surgery is never convenient, so we try to make the process as seamless as possible.
- You will attend your one-on-one physical therapy sessions 1-3 times per week depending on what you and your therapist decide is best.
- Then, you will receive a customized rehab program that you can perform using our facility…for free! We’ll instruct you on the proper form with each exercise and provide you with videos, but then come in at your convenience to complete your rehab exercise program. That way we don’t waste time during your one-on-one sessions doing 10-20 reps of each exercise. We want to save you time and money!
- We have seen great success with this program and each week we progress your rehab program to ultimately reach your goals!
Important factors to consider after surgery
- Diet – We highly recommend maintaining a balanced diet of high quality protein, carbohydrates, and fat. We also recommend decreasing sugar intake to help reduce inflammation. Adequate water and fiber intake is very important for healing as well. Focus on eating fruits and vegetables and consider supplementing with turmeric or ginger as natural anti-inflammatory foods.
- Activity level – Surgery can significantly reduce your overall activity level, but we can help make modifications to keep you active. If you’re an athlete then we need to make sure you stay conditioned to aid you long-term recovery.
- Goals – What is your goal after surgery? Whatever your goals are, we tailor your program to help reach your goals. During the later stages of recovery we will focus on getting you back to the sport or activities you love!
- Post-surgical protocol – Many surgeons provide a post-operative protocol and we like to work alongside your surgeon to ensure the healing process goes smoothly. We communicate with your surgeon’s medical team to provide updates on your healing so you remain on track. There are specific things you can do and specific things you cannot do after your surgery and we’ll help make this simple for you to allow your body to heal properly.
- Questions – Surgery can be scary! Our patients have the ability to communicate with our team to ask any questions. You can actually text our Doctors of Physical Therapy (DPT’s) at any time with questions. That way you feel comfortable and can always get an answer to any questions you may have about the post-surgical process.
We may use a combination of the following techniques to help you get your life back (click each link to learn more):
- Spinal Manipulation/Mobilization
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Pain Reducing Modalities
- Neuromuscular Retraining
- Mobility Training
- Strength Training
- Endurance Training
- Sport Specific Training
- Kinesiology Taping
What should I do next?
- Schedule an initial examination – only $77, no physician referral needed!
- Let us find the root cause of your pain
- Create a custom treatment plan for you
- Start living pain-free!
Want more information?
Get In Touch
The B Physical Therapy Way
We have a 5-step approach:
Reduce your pain
Regain normal movement and eliminate pain
Get your life back
Optimize your life and body
B Your Best
We will work closely with all your healthcare providers
Guaranteed One-On-one Treatment
Setting goals is the best way to enjoy a successful outcome
Our team of highly trained professionals use the latest healing technologies to restore you to pain-free health, quickly and easily. We thoroughly evaluate & treat all of the contributing root factors related to your issue. This includes, but is not limited to, your work and home stressors, overall body condition, nutrition, genetic & postural habits, emotional connections and patterns that are held in your muscles
Dr. Steven Balogh
Ask a Question
We offer Various Treatments
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.