Here Is Everything You Need To Know About
Pain Reducing Modalities
Reduce pain and feel better!
- Use different modalities to decrease pain and allow you to perform treatments and activities with less pain.
(We’ll go through each specific modality one by one…)
- Electrical Stimulation: We apply electrode pads to specific points in the body to target a painful area. Then, we gently increase the impulse to your muscles and nerves to help block the pain signal transmitted between your brain and muscles.
- Ultrasound: We use this treatment to transmit sound waves with slight warmth to attempt to increase blood flow and provide an improved environment for healing.
- Heat: We apply moist heat to increase blood flow and provide a soothing sensation to a painful area.
- Cryotherapy: This is commonly known as ice! We use to to aid in reducing swelling and providing pain relief.
How we use this treatment:
- These are typically used to provide short-term symptom relief. We will discuss which of these treatments may be best for your recovery during your first visit. Our Doctors of Physical Therapy are experts in deciding which modalities will work best for you!
If you are interested in our pain reducing modalities, contact the best local physical therapy clinic in Oviedo; B Physical Therapy today for an appointment.
The BPT Post-Operative Program
- We know that surgery is never convenient, so we try to make the process as seamless as possible.
- You will attend your one-on-one physical therapy sessions 1-3 times per week depending on what you and your therapist decide is best.
- Then, you will receive a customized rehab program that you can perform using our facility…for free! We’ll instruct you on the proper form with each exercise and provide you with videos, but then come in at your convenience to complete your rehab exercise program. That way we don’t waste time during your one-on-one sessions doing 10-20 reps of each exercise. We want to save you time and money!
- We have seen great success with this program and each week we progress your rehab program to ultimately reach your goals!
Important factors to consider after surgery
- Diet – We highly recommend maintaining a balanced diet of high quality protein, carbohydrates, and fat. We also recommend decreasing sugar intake to help reduce inflammation. Adequate water and fiber intake is very important for healing as well. Focus on eating fruits and vegetables and consider supplementing with turmeric or ginger as natural anti-inflammatory foods.
- Activity level – Surgery can significantly reduce your overall activity level, but we can help make modifications to keep you active. If you’re an athlete then we need to make sure you stay conditioned to aid you long-term recovery.
- Goals – What is your goal after surgery? Whatever your goals are, we tailor your program to help reach your goals. During the later stages of recovery we will focus on getting you back to the sport or activities you love!
- Post-surgical protocol – Many surgeons provide a post-operative protocol and we like to work alongside your surgeon to ensure the healing process goes smoothly. We communicate with your surgeon’s medical team to provide updates on your healing so you remain on track. There are specific things you can do and specific things you cannot do after your surgery and we’ll help make this simple for you to allow your body to heal properly.
- Questions – Surgery can be scary! Our patients have the ability to communicate with our team to ask any questions. You can actually text our Doctors of Physical Therapy (DPT’s) at any time with questions. That way you feel comfortable and can always get an answer to any questions you may have about the post-surgical process.
We may use a combination of the following techniques to help you get your life back (Click each to learn more).
- Spinal Manipulation/Mobilization
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Pain Reducing Modalities
- Neuromuscular Retraining
- Mobility Training
- Strength Training
- Endurance Training
- Sport Specific Training
- Kinesiology Taping
What should I do next?
- Schedule an initial examination – only $77, no physician referral needed!
- Let us find the root cause of your pain
- Create a custom treatment plan for you
- Start living pain-free!
Want more information?
Get In Touch
The B Physical Therapy Way
We have a 5-step approach:
Reduce your pain
Regain normal movement and eliminate pain
Get your life back
Optimize your life and body
B Your Best
We will work closely with all your healthcare providers
Guaranteed One-On-one Treatment
Setting goals is the best way to enjoy a successful outcome
Our team of highly trained professionals use the latest healing technologies to restore you to pain-free health, quickly and easily. We thoroughly evaluate & treat all of the contributing root factors related to your issue. This includes, but is not limited to, your work and home stressors, overall body condition, nutrition, genetic & postural habits, emotional connections and patterns that are held in your muscles
Dr. Steven Balogh
Ask a Question
We offer Various Treatments
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.