Best Treatment in Oviedo, FL for:
Here Is What Causes Patellofemoral Pain, And The Best Way To Treat It.
What Is Patellofemoral Pain?
How does it feel?
Do You feel any of these symptoms:
Signs and symptoms?
- Pain in the front of the knee
- Pain sometimes feels like it is under the kneecap
- Pain when walking up or down stairs or hills
- Pain with deep knee bending (squatting)
- Pain after sitting for long periods of time with the knee bent
- Pain with running or walking especially on inclines/declines
- We conduct a thorough examination including the back, hips, knee, and ankle/foot. We determine the root cause of your symptoms to ensure that physical therapy treatment is the best option for you.
- We examine posture, range of motion, strength, reflexes, sensation, soft tissue mobility, joint mobility, nerve mobility, and functional movements to create a custom treatment plan. We also take into account any imaging that you have had like X-Rays, MRI, CT scans, etc.
Can Physical Therapy Help?
- Yes!!! Recent onset of symptoms typically results in a quicker recovery time of about 1-2 months. Whereas persistent symptoms that have lasted longer than 6 months, usually takes 2-6 months to recover.
- Good news!!! According to recent studies, many people actually have meniscus tears and never know it! They can live pain-free even with a meniscus tear and so can you!
- “I highly recommend B Physical in Oviedo! I injured my knee playing sand volleyball and my doctor was recommending PT (with their own in-house high priced therapists) before we consider surgery. I instead went on my own with Steven B and it was a great choice. Just started playing vball again and looks like I prevented surgery! I have more mobility and less pain than I’ve had in years of neglect. Thank you!” – Eric B.
- “I’ve had knee issues since I was a child. Being an avid runner didn’t exactly help my knees and I’ve dealt with frequent pain and swelling for years. After a friend’s recommendation, I chose to see Dr. B to see if he could help me enjoy running again, pain free. I was skeptical at first, but week after week I saw improvements. Dr. B took the time to talk with me, discuss my goals, my issues, and/or hesitation with certain exercises. He never judged or made me feel I couldn’t do it. His patience was a breath of fresh air. His enthusiasm made me excited to share my progress! After just a few months I am happy to share I ran for the first time in almost 2 years without my knee brace! And for the first time in YEARS without pain! Thank you Dr. B!” – Donna M.
We Treat a Variety Of Knee Pain:
- Knee Arthritis
- Meniscus Tear
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Iliotibial Pain Band Syndrome (IT Band)
- Knee Ligament Injury (ACL Tear)
- Quad Strain Hamstring Strain
We may use a combination of the following techniques to help you get your life back (Click each to learn more).
What should I do next?
The B Physical way
Our team of highly trained professionals uses the latest healing technologies to restore you to pain-free health, quickly and easily. We thoroughly evaluate & treat all of the contributing root factors related to your issue. This includes, but is not limited to, your work and home stressors, overall body condition, nutrition, genetic & postural habits, emotional connections and patterns that are held in your muscles
Dr. Steven Balogh
Ask a Question
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.