Here Is Everything You Need To Know About
Soft Tissue Mobilization
Reduce pain and tension in specific muscles and tissues to allow improved motion.
- Tension and muscle guarding can often contribute to pain. Soft tissue mobilization allows us to assist your body to relax and allow greater motion and reduced pain.
- Soft tissue mobilization can sometimes be referred to as massage. We sometimes use instruments to assist in mobilizing the targeted tissues. This is called Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) and can be effective in decreasing localized muscle pain. We will also use our hands to perform strumming at a variety of different pressures to target specific areas of discomfort. We may also use a technique called “pin and stretch” where we actually hold pressure on a muscle and then stretch it to help improve motion and alleviate pain. This occasionally incorporates you assisting by moving your muscles in very specific directions to enhance this treatment even more!
How we use this treatment:
- We use a variety of techniques to provide you with the best results. Each muscle and each person responds differently, so we tailor this treatment to meet your specific needs. Our Doctors of Physical Therapy are experts in performing soft tissue techniques to help alleviate pain, tension, and stiffness.
If you are interested in Soft Tissue Mobilization therapy, contact the best local physical therapy clinic in Oviedo; B Physical Therapy today for an appointment.
We may use a combination of the following techniques to help you get your life back (Click each to learn more).
- Spinal Manipulation/Mobilization
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Pain Reducing Modalities
- Neuromuscular Retraining
- Mobility Training
- Strength Training
- Endurance Training
- Sport Specific Training
- Kinesiology Taping
What should I do next?
- Schedule an initial examination – only $77, no physician referral needed!
- Let us find the root cause of your pain
- Create a custom treatment plan for you
- Start living pain-free!
Want more information?
- Schedule a complimentary consultation
- Download “Five Ways to Start Living Pain-Free”
- Download “The Healthy Lifestyle Checklist”
The B Physical Therapy Way
We have a 5-step approach:
Reduce your pain
Regain normal movement and eliminate pain
Get your life back
Optimize your life and body
B Your Best
We will work closely with all your healthcare providers
Guaranteed One-On-one Treatment
Setting goals is the best way to enjoy a successful outcome
Our team of highly trained professionals use the latest healing technologies to restore you to pain-free health, quickly and easily. We thoroughly evaluate & treat all of the contributing root factors related to your issue. This includes, but is not limited to, your work and home stressors, overall body condition, nutrition, genetic & postural habits, emotional connections and patterns that are held in your muscles
Dr. Steven Balogh
Ask a Question
We offer Various Treatments
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.