Here Is Everything You Need To Know About
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS) is a complex condition that requires a thorough examination to determine the root cause of the issue.
How does it feel?
TOS symptoms can vary greatly but patients often experience a combination of the following:
- Numbness/tingling in the arm or hand especially when the arm is by the side or overhead
- Cold sensation or decreased sensation in the arm or hand
- Pulsing sensation in the arm or hand
- Weakness in the arm or hand
Can Physical Therapy Help?
- TOS treatment incorporates soft tissue work to specific tissues affecting the nerves and vessels that go down your arm. These muscles can include the scalenes, pectoralis minor, pectoralis major, anterior deltoid and even the biceps tendon. We also incorporate hands-on mobilizations of the neck, shoulder, thoracic spine and ribs. Then, we focus on specific activity modifications and exercises to reduce irritation of the nerves and vessels around these muscles, bones, and joints. We typically see significant symptom improvement within just a few treatment sessions when TOS is correctly diagnosed.
- Good news!! Recent research has actually shown that physical therapy is a better option than surgery, pain medication and injections. We can help you avoid unnecessary invasive procedures and tests that cost a fortune with limited effectiveness.
- Dr. B. listened to my situation, tested/analyzed my situation, and began treating me for my issues and I got immediate improvement. I would not have lasted at my job without his weekly sessions. Professional, extremely well informed, data driven, Caring and Friendly. The individual attention I received was extremely helpful and got me through one of the hardest and most painful episodes in my life. – Delaney C.
We may use a combination of the following techniques to help you get your life back (click each link to learn more):
- Joint Manipulation/Mobilization
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Pain Reducing Modalities
- Neuromuscular Retraining
- Mobility Training
- Strength Training
- Endurance Training
- Sport Specific Training
- Kinesiology Taping
What should I do next?
- Schedule an initial examination – only $77, no physician referral needed!
- Let us find the root cause of your pain
- Create a custom treatment plan for you
- Start living pain-free!
Want more information?
Get In Touch
The B Physical Therapy Way
We have a 5-step approach:
Reduce your pain
Regain normal movement and eliminate pain
Get your life back
Optimize your life and body
B Your Best
We will work closely with all your healthcare providers
Guaranteed One-On-one Treatment
Setting goals is the best way to enjoy a successful outcome
Our team of highly trained professionals use the latest healing technologies to restore you to pain-free health, quickly and easily. We thoroughly evaluate & treat all of the contributing root factors related to your issue. This includes, but is not limited to, your work and home stressors, overall body condition, nutrition, genetic & postural habits, emotional connections and patterns that are held in your muscles
Dr. Steven Balogh
Ask a Question
We offer Various Treatments
We are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team of professional therapist specialize in providing personalized exercise and rehabilitative therapy.