What is virtual physical therapy?
Virtual physical therapy or telehealth refers to physical therapy services that are provided over a technology platform often incorporating video conferencing. This allows you to receive physical therapy from the comfort and safety of your home.
How does virtual physical therapy work?
It’s actually pretty simple…
- Schedule your initial examination appointment through our website or call us at 407-698-5558.
- Complete your new patient forms online in your patient portal.
- Download PhysiApp on your mobile device.
- You will receive an email and a message through PhysiApp at the time of your appointment (please allow approximately 5 minutes for the clinician to set up devices).
- Accept the call request in PhysiApp or follow the instructions in the email to begin your video conference.
- Then, enjoy your virtual physical therapy examination!
What happens during the exam?
You will receive the same comprehensive examination that you would receive in our office. The only difference is that we are doing it virtually through a video conference! We will perform:
- Range of motion and flexibility assessment
- Dynamic strength and mobility assessment
- Posture analysis
- Muscle and strength testing
- Neural dynamic testing
- Movement analysis
- Balance and motor control assessment
- Additional special testing if necessary
- Plus, same-day treatment and an individualized treatment plan.
What are the benefits of virtual physical therapy?
With a virtual physical therapy session, you can:
- Receive the same high-quality one-on-one care through a private video conference!
- Undergo an extremely thorough examination and movement analysis in the comfort and safety of your home.
- Understand the nature of your pain and the root cause.
- Receive specific treatments, programming, and corrective exercise/movement instruction to get rid of your pain.
- Have easy access to your physical therapist.
- Use our simple mobile app to carry out your treatment plan as prescribed by your therapist.
- FEEL BETTER and STAY SAFE!!!